I am running a script that runs multiple cases on an engineering code.
This engineering code is designed to use the a "qsub" (queueing system)
command.

The problem I get when trying to issue a "qsub run.sh" file (where
"run.sh" is the UNIX script interfacing the engineering code, Ruby
always terminates with a "command not found" on the qsub.

I've tried everything I can think of, including explicit pathways to the
qsub executable and the run.sh input.  I've tried both the system( "qsub
run.sh" ) and `qsub run.sh` methods of running it.

What is going on?  If I do a UNIX command line "qsub run.sh", it runs
fine.  If I do exactly the same thing within Ruby as a system command,
it fails.