Hi Mark,

     1. AFAIK, unless your printer itself is a postscript printer,
        you'll need to use a utility such as ghostscript to print
        your postscript file.

     2. not sure this will work, but one thing you might try is:

        a. click on Start -> Settings -> Printers
        b. right-click on the printer you want, and click on Properties
        c. click on the PORTS tab.
        d. find your printer in the table.
        e. the leftmost column will have the port name.
        f. use the portname in your system( .. ) command
           e.g. system('copy <yourfile.txt> LPT1:') or whatever

Hope this helps.  Take care.
-dln-