Tony Arcieri wrote in post #1115681:
> Kernel.caller is very expensive on JRuby too, much more so than MRI.
>
> I'm curious why you're benchmarking it in the first place. `caller' is
> not
> something you want to be calling very often
>

> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Peter Giacomo Lombardo <

Yes - I've noticed the JRuby backtraces are noticeably larger compared
to MRI too.

The benchmark was really just to identify cost of using Kernel.caller.
We selectively use Kernel.caller in AppNeta TraceView's Ruby
instrumentation and wanted updated Ruby 2.0 numbers to backup our
reasoning.

BTW I'm a big fan of Celluloid - great stuff!  I've been hacking some
apps with it in my free time.