--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 07:55:12AM +0900, Robert Jones wrote:
> What I am trying to do is to download the email from a POP3 account
> using ruby and simply get the addresses in the FROM field and the
> content of the body into strings.
>=20
> What is the best way to achieve this using ruby?

On the github page for the proejct you reference they have an example:

---8<[snip]---
mail =3D Mail.read('/path/to/message.eml')

mail.from.addresses  #=3D> ['mikel / test.lindsaar.net', 'ada / test.lindsaar.n=
et']
---8<[snip]---

So once you've downloaded messages, for each message you just reference
the mail.from.addresses attribute and it gives you an array of the email
addresses themselves. Is that not what you want?

>=20
> I am refering to this to help me:
> https://github.com/mikel/mail/blob/master/README.md
>=20
> But unfortunately it doesn't say much in the tutorial.

Scroll through the readme file.

--=20
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce / gmail.com>
http://mcpierce.multiply.com/
"What do you care what people think, Mr. Feynman?"

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz