Hi,
Basically we want to make our application to be supported with REST
APIs.
We will receive the REST requests to Tomcat application server. And from
there we need to forward it to our application in ruby.

So I want to understand  that what the exact things I will need to have
to complete this setup for REST communication. Few things I have listed
down.

1. The application
2. Tomcat apache server
3. Webrick (I am not sure about it... but I guess this would be required
to serve the REST requests.)
4. phusion passenger OR JRuby OR Sinatra (This is also I am not sure
about. But, for communication between Tomcat and our framework in ruby.)

Can anybody help me out to figure it out? Is more explanation is
required to understand the problem?

Regards,
Shubhada