I'm wondering if it's possible to use rubydns to diagnose an issue on my
local network. I'm having an issue with a particular server and I
believe that it's related to an extremely low TTL setting. I'd like to
try running my response time tests with custom TTL's for those domains.
I've gone through the video on your site and the documentation provided
and didn't see how I could pull this off.

I need to know how to:

1. Override the TTL only when a specific DNS query is made.
2. Ensure that the tests running from my local machine will use rubydns
to resolve the domain instead of my main system DNS (I'm running OSX
fwiw). Right now my only thought is to change my network settings to use
127.0.0.1 as my DNS.

Any insight you could provide would be welcome. Thanks and great tool!