wconrad / yagni.com wrote:

> My test/code ratio usually falls between 1:1 and 2:1 (I just measured
> one project I'm working on; the ratio there is 1.6 lines of test per 1
> line of code).  That's a lot of test code, much of which is not for
> documentation, but is to cover edge cases, create mock instances of
> other classes, etc.  It seems to me that my classes would become less
> clear when packaged with that much bulk.

But RDoc could use the tests even if they are in (a) separate file(s),
right?

Some people said they have diffent groups of tests: some for security,
some for other things, and only some that show the functionality. The
latter could be used for extraction of documentation by RDoc. Perhaps it
would make sense to put all those in one file, then pass the path to
that file to RDoc.

Or people could have all tests in external files, but those showing
"user level usage" (those that can replace usage comments) are embedded
and get used by RDoc when a flag is set.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/