So here is my most recent work. I decided to completely set aside the
idea of class Cabinet for now, and I have since designed a working class
Drawer with the desired functionality. It works. I have run the program
through and through and it accomplishes what I set out to do with a
Drawer.

My next challenge is understanding how to make a drawer object interact
with its parent object Chest_of_drawers. I want to be able to write the
following code:

chest_of_drawers = Chest_of_drawers.new(4)

and have a new chest of drawers object that contains 4 drawers. This
goal pushes me past my understanding. I have no clue where to go next.
Once again, sample code is welcomed, but ideally I'd like to have an
explanation or a direction to some materials that I can read, and then
try (and likely fail) on my own first before someone hands me ready made
code that will accomplish what I'm looking for. I find that trial and
error tend to teach me much more effectively than simply reading through
correct code (though I see the value in that as well.)

@tamouse: I really appreciate your feed back (along with everyone
else's). I'm curious, in what ways can I remove the user interaction
portion of my code from my instance method and still have a class that
will allow me to have an object with which I can interact?

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/8559/drawer_edits.rb