Hi! Fairly basic newbie question I'm afraid; if there's a better place
to ask it, please let me know (or forward). Thanks!

I've been tasked with setting up an online store system based on
Spree, which comes as a Ruby gem. This worked out reasonably well, and
I have a deployed store; but now I need to upgrade the code to pull in
the latest bugfix from the original author. Everything I've tried so
far has left the bug still present, so I'm thinking the upgrade hasn't
worked. Hoping someone can point me to what I'm doing wrong here.

My Gemfile reads, in part:

gem 'spree', github: 'spree/spree'
gem 'spree_gateway', :git => 'https://github.com/spree/spree_gateway.git'
gem 'spree_auth_devise', github: 'spree/spree_auth_devise'

And Gemfile.lock:

GIT
  remote: git://github.com/spree/spree.git
  revision: 626c4f7a7545aee14725de2755f10e03d8cacf9c
  specs:
    spree (2.1.0.beta)
      spree_api (= 2.1.0.beta)
      spree_backend (= 2.1.0.beta)
      spree_cmd (= 2.1.0.beta)
      spree_core (= 2.1.0.beta)
      spree_frontend (= 2.1.0.beta)
      spree_sample (= 2.1.0.beta)
... heaps more (will post in full if it's important).

I'm running the Rails app in Production mode, using Apache and
Passenger. It's running on a dedicated test system, so I don't mind if
I break stuff there for experimentation :)

To upgrade, I go into the top-level app directory and type 'bundle
update'. This chugs away, downloads new versions of things, updates
the git repository, and rewrites Gemfile.lock. I then restart Apache
(/etc/init.d/apache2 restart), but no visible change. I've created
tmp/restart.txt with similar lack of result. Most recently, I rebooted
the whole computer and tried again.  Nothing.  What am I doing wrong?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Chris Angelico
(aka Rosuav, posting from work)