Well, OK, maybe 'pretending' wasn't the best choice of words. But my opinion
is from experience, not conjecture. The words actually spoken, loudly and
forcefully, by several developers caught out by this, are definitely not
appropriate to appear in this forum :-) I have no doubt that more than one
person will look at the pretty printed output and assume it to be accurate.
Most times it won't matter. When it does matter, well...