The key here is to understand instance variables. That's these:
@one, @two, @three

Those variables are unique to each Instance of your Class. That means
they hold the "state" of an individual Cabinet.

All you need to do is to set the value of @one, @two, or @three inside
your methods.

There are a lot of ways to go about doing this, but we'll run with a
basic one for now:

 def place
    puts "What would you like to put into the cabinet?"
    thing = gets.chomp
    puts "What drawer number would you like to place #{thing} in? One,
two, or three?"
    drawer_number = gets.chomp.downcase
    case drawer_number
    when 'one'
      @one = thing
      puts "#{thing} has been placed in drawer one."
    when 'two'
      @two = thing
      puts "#{thing} has been placed in drawer two."
    when 'three'
      @three = thing
      puts "#{thing} has been placed in drawer three."
    else
      puts "I'm sorry, please select from one, two, or three."

  def remove(thing)
    #a method to remove an object from a drawer
    # Question code here...
    # Remove the object, for example:
    @one = nil