Hi,

At Tue, 21 May 2002 08:08:29 +0900,
Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> |> You don't have to avoid reserved words for method names, besides some
> |> editor highlighting may work wrong.
> |
> |I didn't avoid a reserved word but Kernel#class, otherwise
> |pp.rb didn't work.  Should be Kernel#__class__ or #__type__
> |like #__id__?
>
> I'm not sure what you meant.  Are you saying we have to choose the
> word "klass" because of pp.rb?  I think it is pp.rb that should be
> changed if any.

Yes, it's an issue of pp, but there's no way to get the class
of a given object other than built-in Kernel#{class,type}.
Since they're primary methods but very conflicting names, I
guess they'd better have aliases such like __{class,type}__.

# And I don't expect the patch will be merged just as it is.

--
Nobu Nakada