Hello all,

I'm a 6 month newbie to the Ruby programming language. I've been
hesitant in the past to participate in the ruby community simply because
I feel my knowledge and experience is lacking, but I have been
encouraged by the numerous sources that have said that the ruby
community is open and friendly, so I'm giving this a try.

My project of the day is to design a simple Cabinet class. I've attached
what code I have written thus far.

The end goal of this project is to create a simple cabinet object that
has three drawers that can have objects placed into or removed from
them. Also, I hope to write methods that would allow me to generate a
report of what objects are in which drawers as well as inquiry methods
that would establish whether a particular drawer was full or empty.

I'm struggling with understanding how to place things in each drawer
such that when I consider what code to write to retrieve those items, I
am stumped. Does the problem lie in the fact that I haven't considered
that the drawers are their own objects as well, and I need to figure out
how to make multiple objects interact with one another to create a
functioning virtual cabinet?

While sample code that would create a functioning Cabinet class is
appreciated, I feel that my lack of understanding doesn't simply stem
from the fact that I don't know the exact code, but rather that I do not
understand a more general concept of ruby programming. Explanations that
would help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

~Mike

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/8544/cabinet.rb