On 2002.05.21, Charles Hixson <charleshixsn / earthlink.net> wrote:
> I can't answer for him, but where I work anything that isn't in a
> "recognized language" (i.e., C, C++, Fortran, or MS-Something) needs a
> HUGE amount of justification before the company will spend so much as a
> dime.

The ZMODEM library is in C, if I'm not mistaken.

Omen Tech is very well known to us old-timers as they were the
first widely available implementation of ZMODEM throughout the
late 80s and early 90s (if anyone remembers DSZ.COM -- that was
Omen Tech).  They were pretty much _the_ reference implementation
for ZMODEM -- the code for the XMODEM, YMODEM and ZMODEM protocols
were in the Public Domain, everyone got to use it (cross platform,
too!) and it actually worked with little to no problems.

$145 to support ol' Forsberg and the other Omen Tech guys is
peanuts in a world where absolute crap third party libraries
cost upwards of $1000.

-- Dossy