Matthew Kerwin wrote in post #1113479:
> On 25 June 2013 02:59, Andras Horvath <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> Tested memory-profiler gem too, but it doesn't give a good output:
>> https://github.com/phluid61/memory-profiler-gem
>
> Hi, just out of interest, what do you mean by "good output", and how
> does it fall short?  This is the first I've heard of someone (besides
> me) using it in the wild, and I'm keen to make it more useful.
> Keeping in mind, all the gem does (and really can do, without a major
> rewrite) is periodically inspect the object space and count instances
> (and to some degree estimate their sizes, at least relatively.)

First of all I have apologize for making it sound as if your solution
had any defect. That is not true at all and it's very useful. What I
meant only by "good output" is "the output that I'm looking for".

Just as I wrote it in my other recent reply, I'm looking for a way to
determine the peak (highest) memory usage of a code part in a program.

About your solution: I spent much time looking for something that's easy
to setup and the credit must surely go to you on that. Very easy by
installing a single gem without patching the interpreter. I like your
idea of how it works. I find it a very useful piece of stuff for
developing, so Thank You for providing it!