Hello Team,

I am putting together a simple program that basically reads some dated data
and creates a speadsheet. I started using *WriteExcel* to create the
spreadsheet and I have couple questions that perhaps someone out there can
help me with.

I am copying the code here but please note that the code ONLY generates the
spreadsheet, I would like to be able to generate the graph also.

I wanted to know:

   1. How do I select a different color for the first row, not just for a
   single cell?
   2. How do I set a larger font for the first row, a different size for
   the third row and "normal" for the rest of the sheet?
   3. How can I generate the bar graph that corresponds to the spreadsheet,
   like the one shown below, which I manually created?

If someone can point me to some documentation or sample that will be great.

Thank you

require 'rubygems'
require 'writeexcel'
require 'pp'

fn = "/home/rb/MyData/lpr_time.log.*"

msg_types = ['DATE', 'read', "entry", "delete", "alarm", "hotlist", "site"]

fnls = Dir["#{fn}"].sort        # Create fnls = file names list in
chronological order

puts fnls

r = fnls.size                # Number of files to be processed = number of
rows
msg_count = Array.new(r+1) {Array.new(7) {0}}    # r+1 = 1 additional row
for the headings

r = 0; c = 0;
msg_types.each do |t|
    msg_count[r][c] = t.upcase    # For spreadsheet heading, make it
uppercase
    c += 1
end
# pp msg_count

r += 1                    # Point to row 1
fnls.each do |f|             # Process each file
   lp,lg,dt = f.split('.')        # Get date part from fn
   6.times do |c|            # Process each column
      if c == 0            # When in r=0,c=0 Write date
          fdate = Date.parse(dt).strftime("%a%b%d%Y")     # Will go from:
20130611 to 2013-06-11 to TueJun112013
      msg_count[r][c] = fdate       # Write date to column 0
      else
          mtc = `grep -c #{msg_types[c]} #{f}`        # Get Message Type
Count
          msg_count[r][c] = mtc.to_i
      end # if
#pp msg_count
   end # 6.times
   r += 1
end # each
#pp msg_count

workbook   = WriteExcel.new("lpr_wb01.xls")
worksheet1 = workbook.add_worksheet('Sheet 1')
format     = workbook.add_format(:color => 'red', :bold => 1)
format_cmd = workbook.add_format(:color => 'blue', :bold => 1)

worksheet1.write('A1', "WebSphere MQ Weekly Report", format_cmd)
worksheet1.write('A3', [ msg_count ], format_cmd )
workbook.close

--
Ruby Student