Hi,

* Euan Mee <xlucid / users.sourceforge.net> [02-05-20 01:34]:
>On 17 May 2002, Thorsten Haude wrote (more or less):
>> there is no copyright as such in Germany.
>Not true.  Germany is as bound by the Berne convention as
>any other signatory nation.
Then they better make sure that they have one or more law covering the
Berne convention treaty. Which they did.
This is not the same as the US copyright though, hence 'as such'.

>> The author's rights are automatically given when the work is
>> created; no special marker is required.
>This is true, but a separate point.  Copyright exists *from the
>act of authorship*.  This is also true in the UK. I expect it is
>true in the USA, also.
Right, the article I read referred to an obsolete law, sorry.

Thorsten
--
If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
	- Sir Isaac Newton