On 2002.05.21, Dennis Newbold <dennisn / pe.net> wrote:

>      I appreciate the pointer.  However, the developer's kit referred to
> would cost $144.95, which is more than I want to pay on my own, and I'm
> sure my boss would want to make sure I had explored all other possible
> options before he would pop for it.  So, I guess I'd better start doing
> that (Sigh...).

You can probably buy an old Simtel CD from the early 1990's or so for
pennies today that should have the rz.c and sz.c source on it.  AFAIK,
it was Public Domain.

Omen Tech seems to have copyrighted their 3.0 product (the enhancements
they made on top of ZMODEM).  However, the older products (ca. 1990's)
should still be Public Domain, though.

I am curious though:  what commercial product can't justify buying
a $145 library?  I assume the product you're working on isn't going
to be some kind of shrinkwrapped product.  Is there anything you can say
without violating some signed NDA?

Enjoy and good luck,

-- Dossy