Searching for a prebuilt visual studio SDK - or - building ruby with
visual studio. Any place I saw on the web:
  - There was 1.9.0 sdk. It worked with visual c++ 6.0
  - If you want to use mingw you're absolutely welcome, we have such
good SDKs and tools for you :)
  - Oh visual studio? Plz get the .... out.
  - Building in visual studio? There is of course no official document
other than configure, nmake, nmake install.
  - Ruby forum? It may be done, but use mingw instead. Visual studio
support is provided, but its a *little* tricky.
    - Again, mingw is the *preferred* way :)
    - A good responce: Have you installed visual studio? I guess not.
  - Other places:
    - Spectacular blog: http://apocryph.org/archives/401
    - Nothing different

I finally compiled and built my own SDK for visual studio. But of
course, I did it after I did what I had to do, and just because of my
own interests.
I guess this is one of those situations where I should choose between
developing upon an source project and building something from scratch in
VS. VS is my #1 choice in projects concerning windows, and since I
correctly think of it as the #1 tool in windows software development, I
am correct to assume that ruby is somehow f**king with Microsoft. Well,
its not M company or Ruby project that's suffering. Its me, the
developer.
Well, if all open source forums were linked to each other, I would have
liked to share this post with some other open source projects too.