> > > is there an easier to test way of checking for the mod_ruby
> > > enviroment besides just checking for the constant MOD_RUBY?
> >
> > Not one that is reliable and works across all Ruby WWW servers.  -sc
>
> That's a bummer.  I'm trying to unit test some switches in a cgi lib,
> so I want to be able to turn 'on' and 'off' the appearance of a
> MOD_RUBY environment.  I think I have an idea on how to change
> MOD_RUBY without getting warnings, though.

Using mod_ruby should barely change when using cgi.rb's
abilities... hmm... I think I stand corrected.  If you want to test to
see if you're under a mod_ruby environment, check to see if the global
constant 'MOD_RUBY' is set.  Something like 'defined?(MOD_RUBY)'
should work.  Why not perform the test twice under mod_ruby since it
is it provides a non-contradicting superset of CGI's functionality.
-sc

--
Sean Chittenden