I write a lot of scripts in Ruby, most are small simple things but some
are growing and getting quite complex.

I came into Ruby from php but with a background of VB, Java and a bit of
C so I've picked up some Ruby specific techniques but mostly I'm
probably missing out on some of the cooler stuff that can be done if you
really know what you are doing.

Can anyone recommend any good resources for moving from intermediate up
to really using the power of Ruby. Things like short cuts, essential
gems, issuing method x rather than y because it is more efficient.

Ideally I'd like videos but anything will do.