Devender P. wrote in post #1112339:
> Hi,
> I am trying to build a hash table from the xml file attached. I am
> trying this with using "nokogiri" but open to any other suggestions.
>
> Basically the XML structure is a tree structure of the Design Hierarchy.
>
> When the TYPE is "HIER" it has "componentInstances" section and so on.
>
> I cannot predict how many levels deep it will go but would like to build
> a hash and go from there.
>

> Thanks

If you insist on having a hash returned I'd recommend taking a look at
the Ox gem. It will do that.

That said, for big or complex XML files, I'd use Nokogiri. Instead of
having to navigate through a hash, which is harder to do, Nokogiri lets
you use CSS and XPath selectors to pick out just the parts you want.