What do you mean my minimal? I installed Ruby 2.1 on my Funtoo laptop the
other day by hand. Simply set up my own environment. Also do this with some
scheme interpreters and so forth. Many people use RVM mainly to sync legacy
applications with a specific ruby patch level and gem version to avoid
breakage. Also RVM deals with some edge cases where hand compiling may be a
bit more involved; for example rvm works great with FreeBSD and OSX where
different compilers and POSIX utilities are as minimal as they come.

~Stu

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 8:34 AM, AR (aka AleiPhoenix) <aleiphoenix / gmail.com