I've run into a little more pain running my existing scripts using Ruby
2.0.0 on Windows 7. This time, I'm trying to run a script that creates and
uses a WIN32OLE ScriptControl in order to run a VBscript script.

It was working fine under 32-bit Windows XP and Ruby 1.9.3, but now when I
run the line

    sc = WIN32OLE.new( "ScriptControl" )

I get:

    WIN32OLERuntimeError: failed to create WIN32OLE object from
`ScriptControl'

Is there a new way to run VBscript in Ruby 2.0.0 and/or Windows 7? Is it
necessary to register components from the Windows side or something? If it
matters, this machine also has Visual Studio 2010, which my old one did not.