Unfortunately, I have the problem, too.  Clearly not a unique one.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Westerberg [mailto:matthew / littlemountainengineering.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:50 PM
To: ruby-talk ML; ruby-talk-admin / ruby-lang.org

Thanks, Ryan. I think my issue might be that my email (Outlook) was sending
HTML not plain text. I changed that but now I've got a different problem: I
don't receive the confirmation email (Step 2 in your description below). And
I'm not already unsubscribed because I keep on getting emails from the
mailing list. I've since tried sending the initial unsubscribe request in
both HTML and plain text and I don't receive any response. I've also tried
responding (Step 3) in plain text to the original (Step 2) confirmation
emails that I received (before asking for help) but nothing happens: not the
final (Step 4) response or even the one I was originally getting about "no
effective commands, blah, blah."

When I originally sent (multiple) unsubscribe requests, the server responded
right away.

Any ideas why there is now no response at all?