-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Davis [mailto:ryand-ruby / zenspider.com]=20
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 3:51 PM
To: ruby-talk ML

On May 29, 2013, at 13:48 , Matthew Westerberg <matthew@littlemountainengin=
eering.ca> wrote:

> When I reply to it (I've tried replying with "unsubscribe", "# unsubscrib=
e", and with nothing at all) I get a lengthy email in reply saying that my =
email has no effective commands, etc.

Just reply as-is. Don't change the body at all. I just unsubscribed and res=
ubscribed and it worked fine. My steps:

1. send "unsubscribe" in the body to ruby-talk-ctl / ruby-lang.org from my su=
bscribed email address.
2. get back an email for confirmation.
3. hit reply, hit send. It looked something like this:

> blah blah

>=20

> unsubscribe-confirm 201305300736321631415926 ryand-ruby zenspider.com
>=20
> blah blah

I didn't change the body at all. Do make sure that it too is sent from the =
subscribed address. (I use email address extensions to sort into mailboxes =
and track spammers... like Nicholas Meyler!)

4. Get a final response that you've been unsubscribed.

Extra data: I'm using osx's mail.app and sending/receiving plain text email=
. Your mail client should also be sending plain text email to ruby-talk-ctl=
@.