Hi, just started with green_shoes this morning by installing the gem.
Unfortunately, my first simple program fell over with this error.

I have an array of strings that I fill in as follows:

<some loop code> do|field|
    items.push("#{field[:name]}")
end

(I can print the items object and see all the strings I stuffed)

Then I created a Shoes app:

Shoes.app do
  items.each do |i|
    para i

This produces:
<path>/green_shoes-1.1.374/lib/shoes/helper_methods.rb:127:in
`parse_markup': Error on line 1: Character ' ' is not valid at the start
of an entity name; the & character begins an entity; if this ampersand
isn't supposed to be an entity, escape it as &amp; (GLib::Error)

I also tried:

str = items.map { |i| i.to_s }.join("\n")

and

Shoes.app do
    para str
end

and this produces the same error as above.

Any help will be much appreciated!