On 05/23/2013 03:13 PM, David Munyaka wrote:
> Thanks Jeremy for the quick response! I was not aware of this. My
> problem has
> been fixed! I am using a book that was written using ruby 1.7.0. but I
> am using Ruby 2.0.0p195 version. Do you know of any resource that can
> provide
> me with methods that have changed in the newer versions? This will help
> me a lot. If such a resource is not available I will just google when i
> encounter errors.
> thanks alot!!

I don't know of a single resource that lists all the changes over such a
wide range of versions.  You can probably dig up changelogs here and
there or documentation of most differences between each big release, but
you'll be collating things yourself.

My sincere suggestion is that you abandon that book if possible since so
much has changed between Ruby 1.7 and 2.0.  That book is probably going
to trip you up in subtle ways as much as anything.

While the book at the following URL is also a bit outdated, it's still
better for you since it covers Ruby 1.8:

  http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/

Here is another reference with free information:

  http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/documentation/

You can also check through the ruby-talk forum other suggestions for
reading material.

-Jeremy