Charles Blackburn wrote:

>  > Are you aware of the Ruby/Google project?
>  > http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/raa-list.rhtml?name=Ruby%2FGoogle
>yes i am, but this is for a client and i was just wanting something
>that went to the search page if that's possible. I am looking into
>ruby/google as we speak, but i was wanting something that's nice and
>simple and doesn't require extra libs that the customer might not
>have and also so they don't have to get a key etc. if you know what
>I mean :)

One caveat: Under most circumstances, using a bot or anything similar
to get results out of Google is a violation of its Terms of Service.
(See http://www.google.com/terms_of_service.html.) Now, the chances
of them noticing are pretty slim, since you're only one of millions
of hits they get every day. But if they do catch on, they'll probably
block your IP without advance warning.

Thought you should know,

Francis