On Apr 22, 2013, at 06:52 , Jes=FAs Gabriel y Gal=E1n =
<jgabrielygalan / gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 3:45 PM, shaik farooq <lists / ruby-forum.com> =
wrote:
>> HEY as we know that the object conatins the instance variables that =
are
>> defined in the class
>=20
> In statically typed languages, you have to declare the types of
> variables. Instance variables are one example, and are defined in the
> class typically.

This has nothing to do with static typing vs dynamic typing as it isn't =
a typing issue. Smalltalk is dynamically typed and you have to declare =
the instance variables for a class at class definition time. You don't =
declare the _types_, just the names. This makes ivar access in smalltalk =
much faster than ivar access in ruby (array offset vs hash lookup).