I'm currently working my way through that book.

I would recommend it, even for non-rubyists.

It lacks a lot of the cruft you would probably see in a Java book, which
I think makes it better for learning concepts.

The principles she teaches are sound and applicable to Java.

Perhaps start a discussion group at work. Provide a way for people not
familiar with Ruby syntax and idioms to ask questions. Review the book
on your own and offer to give an introductory class that covers enough
of the basics that people will be able to follow along in the book.