On Sat, 6 Apr 2013, D. Deryl Downey wrote:

> Actually its not wrong. What it does is explicitly state which ruby
> interpreter to use rather than using env to determine by finding the first
> one in the path. His way in no way shape or form is wrong provided that
> ruby actually lives there.

As and operations person, I will point out that using
#!/usr/bin/env ruby
is a really, really bad idea for a production system.  It introduces an
exepect behaviour when doing system upgrades and migrations or when
somebody changes the .profile for the account.  Please don't deploy stuff
like that into production unless you are willing to include your phone
number and accept calls in the middle of the night for the next 5+ years.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.