Subject: How do you know what the main file in Ruby Projects is?
	Date: sab 06 apr 13 03:30:06 +0900

Quoting peteV (pete0verse / gmail.com):

> I have been using C for a while and I was wondering how you can tell
> what the main file is in a multi file Ruby project?

Ruby is an interpreted language - you always execute the interpreter
by passing to it the name of a script, some inline code or code fed
via the standard input. There is no default 'main'. The script, and
everything else that is pulled in by it, is evaluated sequentially.

Of course, the code within method definitions is not executed
immediately. But the rest is.

If you don't actually run the interpreter yourself, chances are you
run a script that is made executable, and where the first line is
something like:

#!/usr/bin/ruby

Try this, for example:

less `which irb`

If you have a multi-file project, check what command you are supposed
to execute.

Carlo