I understand the difference but what I am saying is that just because some
individuals do not use something doesn't mean that it shouldn't exist, no
matter what it is.

If the original poster wanted to create a facebook group, he created it,
and whether you or anyone else belongs to it or not shouldn't dictate that
group's existence.