This one is stumping me because of all the variables needed. Only thing
taught before this challenge was basic branches and loops. This is what
I have so far.

puts 'Leap Year Calculator'
puts ' '
puts 'Enter the starting year.'
starting_year = gets.chomp
puts 'Enter the ending year.'
ending_year = gets.chomp

while true
  if starting_year % 400 ||starting_year % 4
    leap_year = starting_year
  elsif starting_year % 100
    leap_year = starting_year + 4
  else
    # need something to check until it reaches / by 4 or 400, adding one
each time maybe.
  end
    while leap_year.to_i < ending_year.to_i
      puts leap_year
      leap_year = leap_year.to_i + 4
    end
  break
end

Works okay if I put a leap year, or one dividable by 100. But I'm not
sure how to do this when I enter a number not dividable by 100, 4, or
400 (Where I have the comment is where I think the code needs to go.)
Also what I'm using is all the book has gone over so far so please,
nothing not using what I'm using. Thanks in advance.