Tobias Reif <tobiasreif / pinkjuice.com> wrote in message news:<3CE50793.355B3FB4 / pinkjuice.com>...
> Juergen Katins wrote:
>
> .. a lot of stuff which I find disturbing. Please try to understand the
> concerns of the original authors, and offer them a respectful agreement,
> offlist.

agreed.  For me there is one issue, and it has nothing to do with
legal readings of the license:

As a open-source community, we should work together to minimize the
risks of sharing.  One shouldn't "punish" Dave for releasing
Programming Ruby under a (too?) open license.

Playing hardball against an author's wishes is not the sort of thing
that encourages an author (or a publisher) to continue to share.  If
one is serious about the health of the community, one must respect
other people's concern's about 'their baby'.

I hope I don't sound too harsh to Juergen, b/c sharing a free
translation is something to be encouraged in the community.  However,
he does need to sort out these issues with Dave.

~ Patrick