Thank you for your suggestions!

> 1) package it as a gem. I'd be happy to help with this.

I'm happy to accept your help. I never built a gem before.

> 2) add real tests. If I help with the above, you'll get templates for
> this.

I'll try to do so.

> 3) think about changing the license to ruby, mit, or bsd. gpl is
> generally discouraged in our community.

The truth is, I didn't want to bother with license. But I felt, I need
one, and GPL was one I often saw together with software. That's the only
reason why I took GPL. - Saying, "license is same as Ruby's", would that
be enough? Or, can the most important advantages/disadvantages of
ruby/mit/bsd be told in a few easy sentences? I need not to have it
perfect.

Axel