"Juergen Katins" <juergen.katins / epost.de> was being inconsiderate in
> > I have asked privately for the license to be changed to the OPL, now
> > I'm asking publicly.
> >
> Being the copyright holder I decided to publish my translation under a
> different licence for the following reasons:

First of all a big thank you for putting in many hours into this
translation project however I am wandering if your co-translators
are really happy about your copyright claim on their individual
translation work and the fact they are implicitly drawn into this
by now unpleasant licensing dispute?

> I hope that my translation could become part of other free projects. I
> think it could be useful to projects like FreeRIDE or Kdevelop. Both
> projects come with GNU Public Licence and I thought it a good idea to
> use an associated licence.
> But the main reason is this:
> I did want to avoid just the same difficulties Dave is struggling with
> now! I changed to the more restrictive GPDL to garantee my translation

If the ``do whatever you want'' OPL license is good enough for Dave it
seems rather pointless and disrespectful to second guess his wishes on this
subject.

> and any derived works to stay free. If my translation should be
> retranslated and return to the USA that returning version will be a
> free one. I visualize the bad example of "Addison-Wesley Verlag"

You don't need to visualize ``bad examples'' if you have a mirror in
front of you ...

> Germany publishing their translation under totally closed licence. I
> absolutely dont want to let something like that happen with my
> translation.

/Christoph