Subject: library sdl (cannot load such file)
	Date: mer 20 mar 13 03:05:59 +0900

Quoting Deniz Po (lists / ruby-forum.com):

> Why i have always:
>
> /.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p286/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in
> `require': cannot load such file -- sdl (LoadError)

I do not use rvm, and I try to stay as clear as possible from
gems. Your problem is probably related to one of these two
technologies, so I really can't give you a solution. But if you are
using Linux, I can suggest a way to shed some light.

Say your script is called script.rb Run it like this:

strace -eopen ruby script.rb 2>/tmp/output

This command dumps a line in /tmp/output for each file that is opened,
or fails to be opened.

Your error message indicates that you cannot find file sdl.rb. Thus,
do:

grep sdl.rb /tmp/output

you will see where the Ruby interpreter looks for your file. The
places will not include the directory where the file included in the
gem has been installed.

From then on, it really depends on what you find out. It may be that
you were running another instance of the ruby interpreter when you
loaded the gem, for example.

You need to research a bit more, it seems.

Carlo