On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Rotar D. <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell algorithmic complexity for this operation:
>
> v.attributes.map{ |k, val| {k => info.instance_values[k]}
> }.reduce(:merge).each_pair{ |key, value|
> v.send( (key + '=').to_sym, value) }

Can you tell us what these variables reference?
info

Btw, algorithmic complexity might not be the critical factor.  For
example: you seem to create a lot of single entry Hashes and then
merge them.  It would certainly be more efficient to just create a
single Hash and update that.  Or wait, I don't think you need a Hash
at all.  If all types are what I think you can probably get away with

v.attributes.each do |k|
  v.send "#{k}=", info.instance_values[k]
end

Which is much simpler and should be more efficient, too.

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/