I'm using the Ruby C API to execute Ruby scripts, and I need each script
to be in a separate environment. Each environment would have its own
global variables and classes, and they wouldn't be accessible from the
other environments. I imagine it being something like the Binding class
but with more protection.

I've read some things around here about multiple VMs in a single
process. This sounds perfect, but I haven't seen anything concrete. I'd
rather not use multiple processes, as that might not even work for this
application. Have there been any new developments on this topic?