So I'm certain you will follow none of the concepts shown below past 4
seconds after reading this but here goes yet again

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Love U Ruby <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> I am getting error with "selenium-webdriver". Any advice on that?
>

> >> require "selenium-webdriver"
> LoadError: cannot load such file -- ffi_c

Now what do you think the people making ruby would do when they emit an
error called "cannot load such file"? Could that possibly mean anything at
all with regards to a problem? I mean one must first actually read their
screen prior to sending off an email begging for yet more help.

Now lets assume one looked at that and had any thought of wanting to solve
their problem.

Step 1 - find where ffi_c comes from - Google will be our friend

"ruby ffi_c"

Out first hit is a stack overflow question about this exact error - but
it's old so it probably isn't fully valid but it's a step. Ok, so they are
talking about back at the 1.1 vs 1.0.9 version of the gem and we are
currently at 1.4.0 on your system so it's not that - but we now know that
it's the FFI gem. Google has done it's job again

Next step - google "ruby ffi gem" - first hit is rubygems.org - outstanding
again Google. Going to that page shows that we've got recent activity in
the FFI world - at that would be the release of the 1.4.1 and 1.5.0 gems.

We now know that 2 versions of the code exist past yours - that's
outstanding because it means we might just have a possible fix already
packaged up for us.

Next, lets see what activity has been occurring in the source code - how
about we try that nice button marked "Source Code" on the RubyGems page.
That magically (via that great protocol called HTTP) brings us to
GitHub.com at the FFI source page. How about we see what the recent commits
are shall we? That nice links called "1000+ commits" is the list of commits
for the project. Pressing that reveals your EXACT answer - March 9th 2013,
"Add 2.0.0 binaries for win32" - you appear to be running win32 and 2.0.0
and I think that means that commit was for folks in your position. Now we
look at the rest of the commits above it to see if we can determine what
version we might like - and looky there - March 10, 2013 "Bump version to
1.5.0" - so which version do you think you might need to have a desire to
have installed on your machine? Well to make it even simpler for you -
RubyGems lists the available versions - how about we go back there and have
a look shall we? Looky there again - 2 big bright 1.5.0.pre1 gems all nice
and pretty - you are running x86-mingw so you click on that nice link under
the 1.5.0.pre1 link and you get a screen with a HUGE install right in front
of you. That's the command you type in your command screen and you will
have the nice shiny new version of FFI which may or may not help you.

2 Google searches, common sense, and an answer - I've done my humanitarian
work for the day.

And before anyone starts talking about rudeness or talking down or anything
else about this email - I had no knowledge of what the possible solution
would have been prior to reading that email - but I actually used Google
twice and common sense. Why anyone in their right mind would be on the
bleeding edge (2.0) without the desire or ability to at least try something
along the lines of what I did is the problem - not anything to do with any
tonality in this email

John