On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Syed H. <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> def get_entry_count(type)
>       controls = (type.nil?)? nil : get_list_entries_container(type)

This is probably the source of your error ^^ what is being returned by
get_list_entries_container(type) may not be nil, but apparently the
class Watir::TableRow does not respond to the .length method.

>       retVal = 0
>       unless (controls.nil?)
>          retVal = controls.length
>       else
>          retVal = puts "Unable to find list entries for table of:
> #{type}"

This seems suspicious (though unrelated to your problem). The return
value of puts is nil. Are you sure you want to actually send that to
output at that point?