Robert Klemme wrote in post #1101581:
>> I've ended up with a circular reference and I'm not sure of the best way
>> to proceed from here.
>
> It may be an indication that you got your design wrong.  Why did you
> think you need the circular references in the first place?

I need a Sheet to belong to a workbook, but also be able to be copied or
moved from one workbook to another. I need to be able to find the sheet
from the workbook, and find the workbook from the sheet.
Originally I thought that would be some sort of inheritance chain, but I
can't use inheritance because Sheet is not a type of Workbook.

> I'd probably only have one level of namespaces for this, e.g. module
> RubyExcel and put all classes in there.  You won't have too many
> classes to distribute across a multitude of namespaces.

Perhaps a RubyExcel Module with the first class called Workbook would be
more suitable.