Took a quick look at the code; this bit looks wrong:

def delete(ref)
@sheets.delete_at( ref + 1 )

I think it should be (ref - 1). Which brings me to my main point, that
1-indexing is tricky and should be bolstered by a lot of tests in case
you inadvertently slip up. Also @sheets.delete_at changes the array
whereas @sheets.reject does not; it should be reject! for consistency.
(Again, tests would have caught this.)

martin