Kent Dahl <kentda / stud.ntnu.no> wrote in message

> NorwayRUG are planning to get the (still very pending) norwegian
> translation into print, sometime in the future. As I was reading the OPL
> before meeting with a potential publisher, I was rather surprised that
> AWL hadn't utilized the restriction VI.B, as I know I would have, if I
> was AWL.

"Addison-Wesley Verlag" Germany which is economically independent of
the american company published a german translation in (paper) book
form. This translation version runs under standard copyright which
means there is no mentioning of a free licence at all. The copyright
note for the english original includes the OPL and also includes the
restriction. As far as i am informed "Addison-Wesley Verlag" Germany
didn't pay anything for this translation to the american copyright
holders. You might wish to ask the editor Christine Auf
(cauf / pearson.de) for more information.

Regards

Juergen Katins