Dossy <dossy / panoptic.com> wrote in message news:<20020516040639.GB29710 / panoptic.com>...

> Writing web apps in Ruby?  What's the size of the application, would
> you say?  Is it a publically available app. or intranet or what?

My current project is ~ 87k of ruby sources, though I'd love to see
that shrink :-/  For comparison, log4r is ~ 70k and rexml 1.2.5 is ~
100k.  It's just a content managed website.

That code is not publicly available.  I am also working on an artist's
wiki, currently running at http://www.hexane.org.  I'm trying to
collect useful ideas that I've encountered are being collected into
Narf at

http://www.hexane.org/cgi-bin/hexane.cgi?page=TheNarfFramework

and

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/narf-lib/

> > I think I may also have posted the first English language posting for
> > a job in Ruby a couple of monthes ago while trying to replace myself
> > on a contract.  Don't say I don't spread the love :D
>
> Heh!  Cool!
>
> Did you find a replacement?  Must have been tough to find ...

none of the responses I got were in new york city, and it wasn't right
for a telecommuter (sp).  I changed the keywords to Perl and dHTML,
and found a workable replacement in the neighborhood.  However, he
hasn't made the same progress per iteration that I was making with
Ruby :-).

~ Patrick