I've now run into a little conundrum.  There is one command that can
take up to 15 seconds to complete so I attempted to put in a simple "if"

========== snippet ==========
if #{line} == 'w s'
  puts "The commands is: #{line}\nWe should be sleeping for 15
seconds\n"
  telnet.cmd(line.gsub("\"", "")) { |c| print c }
  sleep 15
else
  telnet.cmd(line.gsub("\"", "")) { |c| print c }
end

The "puts" prints for every single line.  The sleep is never
encountered.  I had placed an exit right under the "puts".  The "else"
line is the one being executed.

I assumed the "puts" the telnet.cmd and then the sleep would only happen
if #{line} equaled "w s".

Once again I ask you out there what am I doing wrong?