Hi,

In message "Re: Metaclasses..."
    on 02/05/17, "Hal E. Fulton" <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> writes:

|But these meta-objects do exist.

In the current implementation, yes.  They need not to exist in the
other implementaions.

|But this is very interesting: You say that their purpose is to hold
|singleton methods. Is this truly the only purpose for them in Ruby?

It is its primary purpose.  You can use "meta-object" for other
purposes using "singleton class notation".  But I consider it abuse.
Notice singleton class notation did not exist in the first place,
whereas singleton methods did exist from the beginning.

							matz.