Hey guys,

I ran into a subtle bug recently where I did not realize that the
Resolv class actually caches the contents of the /etc/hosts file. This
is problematic, as if the resolution is done in a long-running
process, any changes are not visible to the process unless the class
is reloaded or the process is restarted. I was wondering if anyone
knows what the rationale is for caching the contents and why there are
no checks to see if the file has been modified? For now, I've worked
around this by calling Socket::getaddrinfo, as getaddrinfo does the
right thing.

--
Cheers,
Timur